INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
This Privacy Statement covers personal information, non-personal data collection and aggregate reporting.
Personal information is information that is associated with your name or personal identity. The Czech Language Club uses personal information to understand better your needs and interests and to provide you with better service. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, you can be assured it will be used only to support your customer relationship with us. We do not sell your information to others.
On our website, you can give details in order to receive advice or request information about us, subscribe to marketing or support materials or register yourself. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
Non-personal information is data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. The Czech Language Club collects and analyses non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use www.czechlanguageclub.co.uk.
WHAT DATA WE NEED
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us
- your email address
- your address and phone number
In terms of children sessions, we may also collect the following information:
- parent and child’s names
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to child’s admission
WHY WE NEED IT
We collect and process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with our teaching services and related marketing. This includes for example, contacting you about your lessons, updates, changes, new offers, related events, assessing your progress, updating our databases, arranging payments and developing and managing our services and relationship with you. In some cases, we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.czechlanguageclub.co.uk. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on www.czechlanguageclub.co.uk.
- how long you spend on each www.czechlanguageclub.co.uk. page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- provide you with information about local services if you want it
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR DATA
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
WHERE YOUR DATA IS PROCESSED AND STORED
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored. We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Postal Address: Czech Language Club, International House, 776-778 Barking Road, BARKING, London E13 9PJ
Procedures and Policies for the Children Section
An important part of the Czech Language Club is a children section. We take our safeguarding duty very seriously regarding the safety and well-being of children. We all have the responsibility to protect children from any harm. We have a comprehensive set of Policies and Procedures for our Czech Children Club that can be found below. These documents are all in PDF format and can be read with Adobe Acrobat which is installed on most computers. If you don’t have it, it is available as a free download here.
- Administering medication
- Admissions and Fees
- Arrivals and departures
- Behaviour management
- Child Induction
- Emergency evacuation
- Equal opportunities
- Health and Safety
- Illness and Accidents
- Intimate Care
- Involving Parents
- Mission Statement
- Play Policy
- Staff Behaviour